Bernese Mountain Dog Club of America
Did you know about...
AKC's recognition of the Bernese Mountain Dog?
- 1937 -
- 1968 -
In 1968 the BMDCA was formed.
- 1973 -
In November the American Kennel Club granted sanctioned status to the BMDCA.
• Membership Applications (New Member)
Randal Lee Dowler
Email: BMDCA Membership Applications
If, after reviewing the information we have presented here, you have questions about applying for BMDCA membership, please contact Randal.
• Membership Renewals
Email: Membership Renewals
NOTE: BMDCA Membership includes a subscription to the BMDCA's publication "THE ALPENHORN."
*Payments to BMDCA for dues or support of its programs are not deductible for tax purposes.
To apply for BMDCA membership, please read the instructions and complete the necessary forms:
#1. Necessary Forms Submissions
a) Complete, sign and date the application form*. BMDCA Membership Application
*There is a separate Form for Junior Membership.
b) Sign the BMDCA Code of Conduct.
c) Forward the Sponsor's Questionnaires to two unrelated BMDCA members for completion.
(Or contact your sponsors and ask them to complete and submit the Sponsorship Questionaires via the *Online Sponsorship Questionaire*.
*Online Sponsorship Questionaire* Use to Sponsor a Candidate for Membership.
#2. Payment - dues and fees
Using the Dues Schedule below
, submit the completed application with a check/bank draft drawn on a U.S. Bank (Canadian/Mexican & Overseas fees must be paid in a Bank Draft from a U.S. Bank or International Money Order Only) made payable to the BMDCA and mail to:
Randal Lee Dowler
BMDCA New Applications
9138 Arlon Street, Suite A3-#442
Anchorage, AK 99507
• Voting Membership: Regular (18 years & older) Senior (60 years & older).
• Initiation fee (required for each regular or senior applicant) - $20.00
• Regular U.S. Membership (one adult) - $50.00
• Canada/Mexico Membership (one adult) - $70.00
• Foreign & Overseas Membership (one adult) $90.00
• Each Additional Adult Member in the same house (including senior &. foreign members) - $20.00
• Senior U.S. Membership fee (60 Yrs. or Older), One-time proof of age required - $20.00
NOTE: Junior Membership (10 years and under 18 years; no voting privileges).
• Junior Membership fee - $20.00
• Initiation fee (required for each junior applicant) - $10.00
NOTE: The membership fee for all applications received between August 1st & December 1st will be processed at half price. (Regular - $25.00, Second Adult - $10.00, Senior - $10.00 etc.) The $20.00 initiation fee will remain unchanged during that time. Application processing takes approximately 2- 4 months to complete. Applications received after December 1st, will be processed for the following full year. The Club fiscal year runs from April 1st to March 31st.
#3. In lieu of membership you can subscribe to "THE ALPENHORN."
• US first-class mailing surcharge: add $10.00 to subscription rate
• Non-member subscriptions: $55.00 per year
• Single and Back Issues (as available): $10 plus $2.25 US postage
• Canadian and Mexican subscriptions: $70.00
• Overseas subscriptions: $80.00
• International subscriptions are payable in US funds to "BMDCA."
• Depending on availability, missed copies will be replaced at $5 each.
• Send subscription, single-issue, or address-change requests to:
43 OLD QUARRY RD
WOODBRIDGE, CT 06525-1007
or update personal data in BG database at: